Syndicated Gadgets Terms of Service for Webmasters
By adding a gadget to your site or acting as an intermediary distributor of gadgets, you
agree to be bound by the Google Terms of
Service and by these additional terms:
- Gadgets that Google makes available for syndication may be used commercially in a
gadgets’ developers. Usage limitations for gadgets that Google itself created are
- You agree not to modify or remove the “gadgets powered by Google” text and link or the
“+Google” button or other promotional text or images provided by Google with the gadget
code. If your site shows a list or directory of gadgets, you must provide attribution that
identifies gadgets. You understand and agree that Google retains the option to replace the
“+Google” button with content, including advertising or promotional content, that occupies
the same space and position on your page when you display the gadget.
- You understand that most gadgets are provided by third party developers, not Google,
and that Google is not responsible for the content or performance of the gadgets. Data
entered in these gadgets will go to the gadgets’ developers - not to Google. Gadgets may
cease to be available at the discretion of the gadgets’ developers.
covered by the privacy policies of their providers. When the page on which a gadget appears
is viewed, a request is sent to Google’s servers that includes the gadget’s URL and the
gadget preferences selected, as well as the URL of the page.
- Google may change its technical processes for rendering gadgets at its discretion, and
may cease to deliver a gadget if the gadget violates the law or Google’s policies, or at
Google’s discretion. You agree that you will remove a gadget from your site or directory if
you become aware that the gadget violates copyright or any other law, or if Google notifies
you that the gadget violates Google’s policies.
- By providing the gadget, Google does not endorse or otherwise affiliate itself with
your webpage. You may not display the gadget in a way that implies such an endorsement or
- You may not display the gadget on a site containing content that is pornographic; that
promotes or incites hatred or violence; that invades personal rights including rights of
privacy; that violates any law including intellectual property laws; or that interferes
with the functioning of other webpages.
- In the event of a legal claim against Google arising from your use of the syndicated
gadgets, you agree to indemnify Google for all liability and expenses incurred as a result
of that claim.
- You may act as an intermediary, offering gadgets for syndication to web pages
controlled by third-party developers. If you do so, you must provide the third-party
developers with these Terms of Service so that they are aware of their contractual
obligations to Google. You may not structure your service to discourage compliance with
Google may modify these terms at any time at its sole discretion. We reserve the right to
terminate this contract and your use of gadgets at any time at our sole discretion,
including based on violation of this agreement. We disclaim any express or implied
warranties relating to gadgets.